AC or DC Test Power Re-imagined
The AFX Series is a family of high power, single, split and three phase, AC, DC and AC+DC output capable Power Sources. Available models range from 6 kVA to 90 kVA with available configurations to 150kVA. Using a modern user interface for ease of use, the AFX Series is cost effective and fully programmable for both basic frequency conversion and advanced AC power line or DC power disturbance test applications.
Newly available A Version offers extended voltage and frequency ranges and new analog and digital I/O functions.
The AFX Series consists of a range of High Power Switching AC, DC and AC+DC capable Power Sources covering a power range from 6 kVA to 90 kVA and higher if needed. All AFX models offer single, split and three phase output configurations. The AFX is a state-of-the-art design using the latest digital power conversion technologies. Power density is among the highest in the industry allowing 15 kVA/kW of power in only 4U (7″) of rack space.
Great emphasis has been placed on energy efficiency, ease of installation, and maximum power per cubic inch of rack space. Control and operational features provide a high degree of application versatility and ease of use for the test engineer. Applications range from simple, manually controlled frequency conversion to harmonic immunity testing and sophisticated transient simulation.
Power conversion within the AFX Series is achieved by digitally controlled, high frequency pulse width modulation, resulting in cool, quiet and efficient operation. Some AFX models can be upgraded by customer service to provide higher power output using our POWER FLEX upgrade program.
The new for 2018 A versions of the AFX now include standard analog and digital I/O functions, scope function for voltage and current waveform capture, programmable output impedance and harmonic analysis measurements. Frequency range has been expanded to cover 1Hz through 3000Hz (with some power and voltage restrictions) and extended output voltage range to 333VLN / 576VLL.
Key Features Provide Application Versatility
- AC Output, DC Output, AC+DC Output
- DC, 15 to 1,200 Hz Frequency Range full power, 1 to 3000Hz Frequency Range extension
- Single, Constant Power mode 333V L-N/576V L-L/425Vdc voltage range offers wider operating range
- Precision True-RMS metering of Volts, Amps, Power, VA, Power Factor and Crest Factor
- Waveform capture scope function for voltage and current on all phases
- Harmonic measurement for voltage and current on all phases
- Extensive Analog and Digital I/O for ATE and system integration
- Available PPSC Manager Windows graphical user interface
- Also compatible with legacy UPC Studio graphical user interface
- 1, 2 or 3 Phase Switch Selectable Output from front panel or bus command
- Sine, Square, Triangle, THD and Arbitrary waveforms
- Available in 208-240V or 380-480V 3 Phase AC input with Active PFC
- 200 stored programs for both static and dynamic Transient Testing
- LIST, PULSE and STEP Mode Transients
- Continuous Self Calibration (CSC)
- Precision Voltage Programming – 0.02% with CSC engaged in AC and DC modes
- Standard Models in Power Levels from 6 kVA to 150 kVA. Contact us for higher power.
- Standard RS-232, USB, GPIB and Ethernet Interface with SCPI compatibility
- LXI Compliant LAN/Ethernet with embedded web server
- IVI Instruments drivers
- CE (EMC/Safety) and Nemko (Safety) Marks
- POWER FLEX upgrade program allows units to be retrofitted for higher power output
Design Provides Total Control of AC and DC Power
- All AFX Series power source models are equipped with a digitally Programmable Controller.
- Total control of the output power mode, phase mode (form) is available from the front panel or the bus.
- All operating functions may be controlled from either the front panel or from a remote RS-232, US, LAN or GPIB interface.
- IVI Compliant Instrument Drivers are available.
Special AFX Series Operating Features
Continuous Self Calibration
Provides for exceptional accuracy of the AC or DC output Voltage. When enabled, accuracy improves to ±0.02% referenced to the power source internal voltmeter.
Single Voltage Range with Constant Power Operation
More output current available at lower voltage setting without having to change range.
Up to 200 different waveforms can be stored in the waveform library for execution as part of a steady state program or for substitution in any output phase as part of a transient test program. Memory location #1 is a non-editable high resolution sine wave. Locations 2-127 are editable and can be substituted in any output phase. An unlimited number of waveforms may be stored on the computer using the available PPSC Manager Windows software.
Time Based Transients
Create and execute transients that occur over a specified time segment to modify the output waveform, voltage, and frequency for any or all phases. An output trigger is provided for synchronizing external test equipment to the actual transient event.
Cycle Based Transients
Create and execute transients that substitute a waveform in any or all phases for 1 to 100 cycles. The waveform being substituted can be selected and/or modified from the waveform library.
Power Source Specifications
DC, 15 to 1,200 Hz. Full Power
1 to 3,000 Hz with some restrictions
AC, DC, AC+DC, DC+AC
Phase Output Modes:
Single (1), Split (2) and Three Phase (3)
AC Voltage Range:
0 – 300 Vrms L-N / 0-520 Vrms L-L Constant Power Mode
(0-333 Vrms L-N / 0 – 576 Vrms L-L AC output available up to 9kVA per unit, 45-100Hz)
DC Voltage Range:
0 – 425 Vdc Constant Power Mode
|Model||Rated Power (VA)||Output Form||Output Volts-Max (Vac/Vdc¹)||Output Amps/Phs (Aac/Adc²)||Input Power Form (3)||Height (U) (4)||Weight (Lbs./KG)|
|Bench or Rack Mount Models|
|360AFX||6000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||16.7 / 8.3||3Ø||4||112/51|
|390AFX||9000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||25.0 / 12.6||3Ø||4||112/51|
|3120AFX||12000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||33.3 / 16.7||3Ø||4||112/51|
|3150AFX||15000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||41.7 / 21.0||3Ø||4||112/51|
|3180AFX||18000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||50.0 / 25.0||3Ø||15||320/146|
|3240AFX||24000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||66.7 / 33.4||3Ø||15||320/146|
|3300AFX||30000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||83.3 / 41.7||3Ø||15||320/146|
|3450AFX||45000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||125.0 / 62.5||3Ø||15||435/197|
|3600AFX||60000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||166.7 / 83.3||3Ø||28||550/249|
|3750AFX||75000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||208.3 / 104.1||3Ø||28||665/302|
|3900AFX||90000||1,2,3 Ø||333 (L-N) / 425||250.0 / 125.0||3Ø||28||780/354|
- All AFX models have a single voltage range with constant power profile. This eliminates the need for switching between a high and a low voltage range. If desired, a low voltage range can be simulated.
- Maximum current ratings shown are available up to 120Vrms in AC mode and 238Vdc in DC mode. Voltage and Current follow constant power profile so higher current at lower voltage and lower current at higher voltage is available.
- Three phase input: -2 Models: 208 to 240 VAC ±10% input range. -4 Models: 380 to 480 VAC ± 10% input range. All models has active power factor corrected AC inputs. Cabinet systems above 60kVA require 400/480Vac Input service. For 208Vac input requirements (-2 versions), contact factory.
- Cabinet weights are approximate and vary with certain available cabinet configuration options.
- Models 360AFX, 390AFX and 3120AFX can be upgraded to higher power levels using Pacific’s AFX POWER FLEX upgrade program. Cabinet models 3180AFX and 3240AFX can also by upgraded to higher power levels. Contact us for details.